Xojo Improves App Development for Rebrand Software
Spectrum TV Ranked “Top 10 Most Popular” and “Top 10 Grossing” Entertainment Apps in Mac App Store
Xojo, Inc. today announced that private label app provider Rebrand Software is developing applications using Xojo. Rebrand Software founder Mike Gibson is using the development tool to streamline the creation of multiple consumer apps across Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems, shaving 30 percent off the development time.
Mike Gibson, founder, owner, and lead programmer at Rebrand Software, was experiencing an uptick in demand for private label software, which allows other companies to purchase apps, brand them, and sell them as if they were their own. Rebrand creates a range of consumer products for Windows, Mac and Linux.
As more companies continue to expand their digital marketing programs to increase traffic with branded applications, Mike knew he needed to speed up his current processes. The Windows tool they were using - Microsoft Visual Basic - required tedious re-writing of code to produce Mac and Linux versions of each application. He was looking for a tool that allowed him to write code once and deploy it on Windows, Mac and Linux, along with an active coder community and more ease of coding.
Mike studied the marketplace and determined that Xojo had all the features he needed. Using the software, Mike and his team have been able to improve the quality of their applications with their freed-up time and can now focus more efforts on the creativity and uniqueness of their applications, resulting in 25 percent more revenue. Additionally, Mike recognized that Xojo's debug mode is far superior to Visual Basic and it reinforces good programming techniques, making accidental issues due to sloppy code extremely rare.
Xojo, Inc. has also made it possible to easily submit applications built in Xojo to the Mac App Store. Rebrand developed Spectrum TV in 10 months and soon after launching it on the Mac App Store, the application achieved rankings as the “Top 10 Most Popular” and “Top 10 Most Profitable” in the entertainment category. Another application, Crazy Coloring Book, has also achieved significant downloads.
For its private-label business, Rebrand Software is now able to automate the process of branding products for customers. Using applications they have built with Xojo, they can download all of their customers’ information and graphics, insert them into a copy of their software, compile it to Windows, Mac and Linux and build installers for all three platforms. It’s estimated that Xojo has helped Rebrand Software save 30 minutes per application for this particular requirement alone.
In addition to hundreds of branded applications, Rebrand has also created the following popular apps on the Mac App Store with many more in the works.
- SafetyBrowser: Allows parents to give their child a safe internet environment with a fun personalized homepage that only allows access to approved websites.
- IP Notification: Notifies you remotely via email when your IP address changes.
- Quick File Renamer Renames large collections of media quickly with new names and can utilize audio and video metadata tags.
Supporting Quotes – Mike Gibson
- "Xojo offers an extremely rapid development time. Its cross platform capability and the ability to deploy to the Mac App Store are priceless for us. Xojo is very intuitive for simple applications, but also capable of utilizing operating system features for far more powerful applications."
- "Xojo makes it easy to learn by experimentation."
- "Xojo ensures good coding practices so we have less bugs now and the products just look better too."